Researcher at the University of Wollongong (UOW) with a focus on Engaging Men in Gender Equality Efforts and the Teaching and Learning of Sensitive and Controversial Topics. Formally, at teacher at UOW and University of Sydney for Sociology & Education.
Previously, I graduated from the University of North Carolina Asheville, majoring in both Sociology and Anthropology while interning at a Helpmate, a domestic violence shelter and Pisgah Legal Services, a free legal aid agency.
Additionally, I edit the Open Education Sociology Dictionary available at SociologyDictionary.org.
- Master of Philosophy in Education, Higher Education Studies (Forthcoming, 2023)
- Master of Philosophy in Sociology, Humanities and Social Inquiry (2018)
- Bachelor of Arts in both Sociology and Anthropology – 3.96/4.0 GPA
- summa cum laude
- Distinction in Sociology and Anthropology
- University Research Scholar
- Community Engaged Scholar
- Senior Research Award, Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Honors Society, Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Associate of Arts – 3.93/4.0 GPA
Note: If you would like a copy of any of these articles for your research or interest, please contact me.
- Downie, Sue, Xiaoping Gao, Simon Bedford, Kenton Bell, and Tracey Kuit. 2021. “Technology Enhanced Learning Environments in Higher Education: A Cross-discipline Study on Teacher and Student Perceptions.” Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice 18 (4). doi: 10.53761/184.108.40.206.
- Bennett, Dawn, Elizabeth Knight, and Kenton Bell. 2020. “Graduate Employability and the Career Thinking of University STEMM Students.” Teaching in Higher Education 25 (6):750–765. doi: 10.1080/13562517.2020.1759529.
- Bokosmaty, Sahar, John Ehrich, Michelle J. Eady, and Kenton Bell. 2019. “Canadian University Students’ Gendered Attitudes toward Plagiarism.” Journal of Further and Higher Education 43 (2):276-290. doi: 10.1080/0309877X.2017.1359505.
- Divan, Aysha, Elizabeth Knight, Dawn Bennett, and Kenton Bell. 2019. “Marketing Graduate Employability: Understanding the Tensions Between Institutional Practice and External Messaging.” Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management Online First. doi: 10.1080/1360080X.2019.1652427.
- Sie, Rory L. L., Janine Delahunty, Kenton Bell, Alisa Percy, Bart Rientes, Trinh Cao, and Maarten de Laat. 2018. “Artificial Intelligence to Enhance Learning Design in UOW Online, a Unified Approach to Fully Online Learning.” 2018 IEEE International Conference on Teaching, Assessment, and Learning for Engineering (TALE), Wollongong, NSW.
- Bell, Kenton. 2013. “Inside the Hidden House of Healing: Intentionality and Visual Anthropology at a Domestic Violence Shelter.” Metamorphosis – A North American Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity.
- Bell, Kenton. 2013. “Helpers of Helpmate – Healing the Community.” Proceedings of the Big South Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Bell, Kenton. 2013. “Helpers of Helpmate – Healing the Community.” UNC Asheville Journal of Undergraduate Research.
- Bell, Kenton. 2013. “Male Advocacy at a Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence Shelter: Helpmate – A Pilot Study.” Metamorphosis – Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity.
- Bell, Kenton. 2013. “Male Advocacy at a Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence Shelter: Helpmate – A Pilot Study.” UNC Asheville Journal of Undergraduate Research.
- Bell, Kenton. 2013. “Systematic Review of Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Violence Post-2000 CE Statistics for Helpmate.” Journal of Undergraduate Public Service Projects.
- Bell, Kenton, and Michael Flood. 2020. “Change among the Change Agents? Men’s Experiences of Engaging in Anti-violence Advocacy as White Ribbon Australia Ambassadors.” In Masculine Power and Gender Equality: Masculinities as Change Agents, edited by Russell Luyt and Kathleen Starck, 55-80. Springer.
- Download Full Text: Bell and Flood (2020) – Change among the Change Agents
- Bennett, Dawn, Elizabeth Knight, Aysha Divan, and Kenton Bell. 2019. “Marketing Graduate Employability: The Language of Employability in Higher Education.” In Education for Employability, edited by Joy Higgs, Will Letts and Geoffrey Crisp, 105–116. Boston: Brill.
- Smith, Martin, Kenton Bell, Dawn Bennett, and Alan McAlpine. 2018. Employability in a Global Context: Evolving Policy and Practice in Employability, Work Integrated Learning, and Career Development Learning. Wollongong, Australia: Graduate Careers Australia.
- Bell, Kenton, and Claire E. Seaman. 2016. Public Report: Case Study of White Ribbon Australia’s Ambassador Program: Men as Allies to Prevent Men’s Violence against Women. Wollongong, Australia: University of Wollongong.